Thursday 15th June 2017
10am - 4.15pm, Friargate Quaker Meeting House, York
Of benefit to individuals and organisations looking to update their understanding of child protection legislation and best practice, this course provides a full update on current child protection legislation, including the Disclosure and Barring service, the Duty to Refer and Working Together.
The day will provide practical advice to help you develop sensible structures and build confidence around child protection issues, within the context of developing and delivering creative and cultural projects for children and young people. The course also includes a “safe touch” section, exploring how child protection guidelines can be maintained within more physical art forms.
- Anyone working in the arts and cultural sectors with children and young people
You will gain:
- An update on current child protection legislation and best practice
- Information on the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), and how to handle disclosure
- Ideas for developing child protection policies
- Safe Touch – information on how child protection guidelines can be maintained within more physical art forms
The course costs £130. The day includes lunch, refreshments and a certificate of attendance for each delegate.
English National Youth Arts Network members are eligible for a 10% discount. Join for free today.
Book your place below, or please contact Miranda Hewitt-Green at [email protected] / 02380 332491
|Venue||Friargate Quaker Meeting House York|
|Start date||Thursday 15th June, 2017|
|End date||Thursday 15th June, 2017|