Giving young people entry into employment
We provide a range of schemes to help young people gain work experience and employment in the creative and cultural industries.
- Creative Apprenticeships
- Creative Skills Initiative
Creative Skills Initiative
The Creative Skills Initiative is a strand of the Creative Employment Programme specifically designed to give young people aged 16-21, who are not yet ready to enter the workplace, some of the confidence and experience they need to take the next step towards employment or further training.
The Creative Skills Initiative will enhance the connection between education and the workplace, giving young people opportunities to engage in the arts, develop employability skills and gain nationally recognised qualifications.
If you are an employer interested in being involved, or know of young people that might benefit from the programme, please contact Miranda Hewitt-Green, our Creative Skills Initiative Programme Manager or phone us on 02380 332491.
We work with a range of employers in the South East to offer Creative Apprenticeships to young people. Apprenticeships give young people a fantastic opportunity to earn while gaining recognised qualifications. Each role lasts for 12 months and provides great insight into what it is like working in the creative and cultural industries. They are supported throughout this programme by the Learning and Skills team at Artswork.
If you are an employer and interested in giving a young person this opportunity in your workplace, please contact Anna Brown, our Apprenticeship Programme Manager and Trainer, for more information or phone us on 02380 332491.
- 26th April, 2017 Creativity & Life Chances: Artswork Conference 2017 | Get your Early Bird tickets now!
- 25th April, 2017 Are you a Maker aged 13-25?
- 24th April, 2017 Bridging the Generation Gap: Young People and Art
- There are no Work-based learning events upcoming at the moment.
- 11th October, 2016 Creative Skills Initiative: A Review, 2013 - 2016
- 14th August, 2014 Artswork's Creative Traineeships - a case study 2014
- There are no Work-based learning training courses upcoming at the moment.