Through our Partnership Investment initiative, we are supporting Hampshire County Council on the Horizon 20:20 project, which will provide high quality cultural provision for children & young people attending Education Centres in Hampshire between July 2014 and March 2015.
The initiative will embed a regular high quality cultural offer in the Education Inclusion Service through a commitment from the Arts & Museums Service of the County Council (part of Hampshire Cultural Trust from autumn 2014) to year-round support of cultural work with Education Centres and for the continuation of a culture / education partnership. The programme will involve Centres working towards Artsmark accreditation, arts taster days, visits to performances and exhibitions, CPD for staff, career days and trips to educational settings for young people, Arts Award accreditation and a final celebration event.
Artswork’s investment will support a strategic and collaborative partnership approach that will initiate, embed and sustain the delivery of high quality cultural opportunities for children & young people. The programme will involve a partnership between HCC, The Bridge Education Centre (Eastleigh), Andover Education Centre, Forest Education Centre, Linden Education Centre (Farnborough), Winchester Theatre Royal, Wessex Dance Academy and SoCo Music Inclusion Project.
- strengthen the relationships between the Education Centres and cultural organisations by providing a mechanism for a sustainable way of partnership working, including sharing best practice and reflective learning from the project
- increase the number of young people accessing high quality cultural activity and being inspired by Culture, Arts and Heritage
- inspire young people to be co-creators in this project and to feed back and guide future projects as cultural leaders
- train, develop and support staff in Education Centres and work to involve teaching staff and support staff in all Horizon 20:20 activities
- improve the life chances for young people already out of mainstream education by increasing their skills, confidence, engagement with learning and future opportunities for education and training