Our vision, mission and values
Imagine if… all our children were happy and confident, strong in their sense of self and the world that they live in.
Imagine if… every child – irrespective of race, background, wealth, identity or ability – felt valued, heard and represented.
Imagine if… we gave them all the opportunity to explore and fulfil their potential in a future that we are all making together.
Imagine if… we kept a sense of wonder, creativity and learning throughout our lives.
At Artswork we believe in the power of the arts and creativity to:
- fundamentally shape happier and healthier children and young people;
- broaden horizons, open opportunities and enrich the lives of children and young people;
- make a difference from birth – we sing before we talk, we dance before we walk;
- help develop skills and experiences enabling all children and young people to thrive, progress and achieve;
- enable and inspire expression for everyone.
At Artswork we strive to make the arts and creativity available to absolutely everyone. We aim to break through barriers and develop new ways for people to discover the success, empowerment and sheer joy that the arts and creativity can bring to classrooms, communities and careers.
We achieve this through:
- supporting partnerships across cultural organisations and education that will create lasting change;
- devising and delivering inclusive programmes that empower the most under-represented in society;
- developing young people’s skills, for their own growth and as future cultural leaders;
- enabling children and young people from any background to find their voice and encouragingothers to listen to and support them;
- delivering creative training that nurtures innovation and progress.
We are examining ourselves and the work we do and are striving to become truly inclusive of people who experience racism and other forms or discrimination.