Artswork’s Professional Development Programme is looking for a new training centre partner in the West Midlands
Date Created: 12th Sep 2019
We are looking for a city centre-based arts, cultural or heritage venue to become our new training centre partner for the West Midlands region. We would welcome expressions of interest from arts and cultural organisations interested in working with us on professional development support for the sector within this region.
Artswork’s Professional Development programme offers arts, culture and education professionals, working at all levels, a practical way of building their skills, knowledge and understanding of work with, for and by children and young people, as well as fantastic networking opportunities. Click here to find out more or download our online brochure here. Training centre partners in other regions include Battersea Arts Centre, Watershed, Yorkshire Dance and Baltic Centre for Contemporary Arts.
The benefits of being a training centre partner include:
- Diversifying your existing offer, providing professional development opportunities that support arts and cultural organisations and practitioners in their work with, for and by children and young people in your region
- Inform the programming of professional development in your region
- Attracting new audiences from across the country from a wide range of arts, cultural, heritage, youth, education and local authority settings
- An opportunity to showcase your offer for children and young people – we often invite training partners to provide ‘Live Case Studies’ as part of the training day
- 2 complimentary places on all courses scheduled and delivered at your venue; plus, any additional places are offered at a subsidised rate.
- National profile through Artswork’s marketing of the course programme via the Artswork Professional Development quarterly Newsletter, regional e-shots, case studies and website.
- Training Partner fee of £100 per course day delivered
What do we ask of Training Partners?
- To help share knowledge of Professional Development needs within the region to inform programming
- To offer at least 3 dates per year (one per term) for training course delivery
- To provide a suitable training room that can comfortably accommodate up to 25 people with room for interactive and practical activities
- To provide relevant equipment to support the training delivery – laptop, projector, screen, flip chart, paper and pens
- To assist with the marketing of the training courses through networks and contacts in the region
- Assist with organising refreshment and catering arrangements for training days (these are paid in addition to the partnership rate by Artswork)
If you are interested in becoming our new training centre partner for the West Midlands region then please contact our Artswork Professional Development Programme Manager Rachel Hall via phone: 02380 332491 or email: [email protected].