CEO Statement Regarding COVID-19
Date Created: 29th Apr 2020
An update on Artswork’s response to COVID-19
10:30am, Wednesday 29th April 2020
COVID-19 has created an unprecedented crisis. We are all having to think swiftly, on our feet, and move to work and connect differently. As we all respond to the thinking and feelings of multiple day-to-days and what future tomorrows may look like, we wanted you to- let you know that the whole Artswork team is totally committed and working to ensure we continue to support children, young people and those working with them.
We feel thankful to be part of a culture that is not new to facing adversity big and small – and overcoming challenges – often by working together with humility and with generosity of spirit. We are seeing numerous examples of this on a daily basis. We are also very aware that many arts, creative and cultural organisations have had to furlough staff and that many of us are rethinking how we deliver our work.
We are currently listening, talking, reviewing and developing how else we help at this time but I wanted to sign post our current most relevant support and opportunities:
- The Artswork Helen Simons Young People’s Award 2020 – This is a modest grant award for young people aged between 16 to 19 years to develop and share their creative voice and to bid for up to £200 https://artswork.org.uk/news/the-artswork-helen-simons-award-2020/
- Artsmark, Arts Award, and our professional development programme of events, briefing and support sessions continue digitally – https://artswork.org.uk/training-events/
- Enews – our Bridge and ENYAN newsletters share key guidance and news https://artswork.org.uk/about-us/our-newsletters/
- Connectingwithculture.com promotes arts and creative organisations to schools – shortly we will be asking for updates, with an aim to run a campaign to promote your current relevant work. https://connectingwithculture.com
- Our resources library contains lots of practical case studies and toolkits – the search function will help focus your search for example ‘digital’ https://artswork.org.uk/resources
- Working with the leads of each of our current investment programmes to discuss amendments in the light of COVID-19 and to endeavour to ensure ongoing high quality work as children and young people come through and out of lockdown.
- Wellbeing blog – from May Artswork staff are sharing hints and tips (tried and tested)If you do have any concerns, questions or thoughts around what support and advice would be of most benefit to you at the present time, please do get in touch with a member of the Artswork team or email email@example.com and we will make sure your email reaches the right people.
Very best wishes and keep well.
For more information on Artswork’s Professional Development courses, please see their statement here.
For more information on Artsmark Development Days, please see their statement here.