Message from Artswork’s CEO
Date Created: 17th Mar 2020
Artswork’s response to the Coronavirus (Covid-19) situation,
4pm, Tuesday 17 March 2020
As we will all be aware, the challenges created by Coronavirus are developing extremely swiftly across the UK and beyond. Following the UK Government’s statement 16 March 2020, we wish to reassure you that we are taking every step we can to maintain a quality service and deliver our mission and our commitment to children and young people, whilst also minimising the health risk to our staff, our programme participants, trainers, contractors, event attendees and stakeholders.
We have therefore taken the following decisions:
- All of our staff will be working from home from now onwards. They will be contactable by email and phone lines will be redirected to staff mobiles. If you do not have an individual staff member’s contact details, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as soon as we can. Meetings with staff will be held virtually.
- Apprenticeship training including support for learners and employers will continue as planned although we will monitor this and follow Government guidance, including if schools and colleges are closed in the future.
- We will cancel all face to face meetings with external partners – but seek to ensure business as usual through video conferencing.
- We will be postponing face-to-face Professional Development training and events between now and 30 April 2020. Where possible these will be replaced by online solutions and we are currently working with our trainer team to explore longer-term solutions to ensure Professional Development courses can be maintained.
- We are reviewing the status of events taking place after 30 April, including Artswork Professional Development courses and Artsmark Development Days, and will notify all attendees as soon as possible
- Artsmark Development Days will be delivered online and further information regarding these will be sent out as soon as we have put the sessions in place.
- All Artsmark Online Support Sessions are currently scheduled to take place as planned.
For up to date information, please read our statement.
We understand that the COVID-19 outbreak will have a financial impact on the people and organisations we all work with. Artswork will continue to process payments against our investments and for services as normal. We recognise that partners are likely to have difficulty in delivering some of the outputs agreed as conditions of investment and we will be in touch later this month to discuss the options. We will also be guided in this by Arts Council England.
We will be monitoring Government guidance on a regular basis and will swiftly move to update or refresh our approach as required, providing up-to-date information as things develop.
This is clearly a challenging time for everyone. Do contact us via email@example.com if you have any questions or queries. In the meantime, Artswork will strive to ensure that all the work we undertake with you as colleagues, partners and stakeholders continues to transform the lives of children and young people.
Very best wishes