Join us on 9th March at the new John Hansard Gallery (Southampton) as we SAHW into STEAM!
Date Created: 29th Jan 2018
John Hansard Gallery, Artswork and the University of Southampton, invite you to SAHW into STEAM.
When? Friday 9th March: 10.30am-3.45pm
Where? At the new John Hansard Gallery building, S144, Southampton Guildhall.
Registration from 10.00am ~ FREE/Lunch and refreshments provided ~ Places limited – Booking essential
As a new major briefing is published by the Cultural Learning Alliance and NESTA, setting out the economic and innovative value of adding the A of Arts to STEM subjects to transform to STEAM and the 2017 APPG on Arts, Health and Wellbeing Inquiry Report; Creative Health: The Arts for Health and Wellbeing, which explores the value of arts and culture in health and wellbeing, SAHW (science, art, health and wellbeing) into STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths) aims to address how these important areas can be aligned for a more holistic curricular approach.
The event will be opened by an address with Councillor Satvir Kaur, Southampton City Council Cabinet Member for Communities, Culture and Leisure.
10:00 Registration, networking and refreshments
10:30 Introduction and Keynotes
12:15 Buffet lunch
14:00 Coffee break
15:45 Event closes
Join us to:
- Engage in conversation about how health and wellbeing can be aligned to the wider STEAM agenda.
- Take part in workshops exploring; how a Transformer can transform wellbeing and get your personalized art prescription from the Art Doctors.
- Learn more about delivering Arts Award with Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths aligns with the CREST Awards.
- Learn more about arts and cultural partnerships with the NHS mental health services, helping to provide a holistic approach for children and young people.
- Take part in the launch of the Hearing HIV schools resource.
- Network with others and have your say on how health and wellbeing can be embedded more widely in the STEAM agenda and inform the future cross curricular work of John Hansard Gallery.
For everyone who wants to combine health and wellbeing with Art, Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths.
Registration closes on Thursday 8th March at 12pm (noon).