Opportunity: Become a board member for East Kent Cultural Education Partnership
Date Created: 29th Oct 2020
Following a review of its governance model, East Kent Cultural Education Partnership (EKCEP) is looking for up to eight new board members.
In order to ensure EKCEP can continue to support and champion more, better, arts, culture and heritage opportunities for children, young people and East Kent communities, it will evolve into 5 regional spokes (for each geographical area) with a central hub (strategic body), supporting all the regions of East Kent to work closely with their communities.
EKCEP are looking for people who have a passion for cultural education with relevant professional experience in cultural education, and/or working with young people to join the central hub board. Those interested must have the ability to think strategically about cultural education in East Kent and draw together complex information to assess a situation. You will be an excellent communicator with the ability to think creatively and remain open to new ideas.
The role of a Hub Board Member is to:
- Bring expertise to the EKCEP that will help it develop a forward-looking cultural education strategy for East Kent.
- Ensure that the EKCEP complies with and pursues its terms of reference
- Ensure that the EKCEP applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its vision and strategic goals.
- Contribute actively to the Hub Board by giving firm strategic direction to the EKCEP, setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets, and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
- Apply appropriate scrutiny to budgets, accounts and funding agreements to ensure the financial stability of EKCEP.
- Attend Hub Board meetings and undertake the necessary preparation to be able to fully participate in board meeting discussions.
- Advocating for and on behalf of the EKCEP with stakeholders within Kent, and further afield.
The EKCEP requires a minimum commitment:
- Attending quarterly Hub Board meetings. Currently meetings last for 2 – 3 hours. Members of each group must commit to attending all meetings as far as is possible. If two meetings per year are missed, the Chair will discuss the reasons for absence with the member and that member will be required to step down from the board.
- Occasional other meetings, as required.
- Attendance at EKCEP events.
- The term of office is up to two terms of three years.
- This role is a voluntary or ‘pro bono’ role.
Members will be expected to take the lead on particular strands of EKCEP work as agreed with the Hub Board in accordance with members’ areas of expertise.
Please register your interest by providing a short statement about why you are interested and what expertise you are able to bring to the role. Please email Nova at email@example.com by Wednesday 11th November 2020.