Transforming local lives through culture
Arun Inspires is a new 3-year programme which will support and develop the arts and cultural offer for children and young people across the District of Arun.
It will facilitate an increase in arts, creative and cultural work with, for and by children and young people and will achieve significant arts development growth in the district of Arun (which includes Bognor Regis, Littlehampton and Arundel). It aims to build and enhance partnerships within the creative, cultural, education, youth and community sectors in the District to ensure a long-term sustainable approach.
Arun Inspires is led by Artswork, working in partnership with Arun District Council. Its core ambitions, in line with the charity’s work nationally, are to increase the range and quality of arts provision in the District to support transforming the lives of local children and young people through culture.
The project will support increased arts activity to deliver a range of benefits to local children and young people which may include:
- Intrinsic benefits to life satisfaction and enjoyment
- Place-making and regeneration
- Skills development and employability
- Improvements to mental and physical health
- Crime diversion and reduction of anti-social behaviour
Arun Inspires will also offer a series of training opportunities for local organisations providing services for children and young people to support and develop the quality, confidence and sustainability of their arts offers and outcomes.
As part of Arun Inspires, Chichester Festival Theatre (CFT) are leading a programme of activities for school pupils and vulnerable young people outside education which includes:
- Anti-bullying Project – a schools performance and workshop tour for primary and secondary schools
- Schools Fest – a partnership programme of workshops and theatre visits for pupils, exploring theatre making and productions at CFT
- Supporting Vulnerable Young People – continuing provision to engage individuals in the arts through bursary placements for Chichester Festival Youth Theatre, alongside creative events and opportunities
You can read more about the programme in our Arun Inspires Executive Summary (PDF). Please check back here for updates or sign up to our South East Bridge newsletter for the latest updates from the region.
If you are a local organisation and would like to engage with the project or find out more, please contact Beccy East on [email protected]