17th May 2021
Arun Inspires: creative pilots for vulnerable children & young people
In response to the impacts of Covid-19, which Artswork recognises as affecting the most vulnerable children disproportionately by the Children’s Society (report), Arun Inspires is targeting support for new creative projects for vulnerable children and young people in Arun.
The funding aims to:
- Encourage quality new creative projects for children and young people (aged 0 –18) in Arun who have been significantly affected by the impacts of Covid-19 due to health, race, socio- economics or other relevant circumstances;
- Support projects that use creative activity to respond to children and young people’s experiences and help improve their outcomes; children and young people with the greatest need and for whom the work will have the strongest impact;
- Support projects that share high quality creative practices, are relevant and fun;
- Support organisations to test out new ways of working, or work with new professionals;
- Support participants to gain Arts Award;
- Support effective monitoring and evaluation to assess and illustrate projects’ impact.
The commissioning process is being developed in dialogue with third sector groups and statutory organisations supporting vulnerable children, and with freelance arts professionals and arts organisations working in the District.
Updates on the projects commissioned will appear here during 2021.
Learn more about Arun Inspires by visiting the programme homepage here.
Latest Training & Events
18th May 2021